About our group!
The Colorado Columbines Women’s Running Club was formed in 1978 to promote recreational and competitive running for women of all ages and abilities. The club reflects the general population of women runners – from beginners to ultramarathoners, from turtles to rabbits. Whether you’re a sub-seven minute miler or prefer a more leisurely 12 minute/mile pace, we have members running at your speed. We have over 200 members who live anywhere from Evergreen to Broomfield to Aurora. The Columbines Club has two fundamental goals: to provide women runners with an opportunity to build a social network of runners and to support the running community.
We’d love to have you join the Colorado Columbines Women’s Running Club! Dues are $35 per year (January to December). Buy Your Membership Now!!
Among the Benefits of Membership:
- Fun Runs – an opportunity to meet other runners and socialize after the workout
- Track workouts – with a coach starting in March and continuing through October (No July Sessions)
- Distance Divas – A subgroup of the Columbines that meets on Saturday mornings with mapped running routes and hydration support for longer runs. $20 extra per session – 2 sessions each year.
- Sunday Runs – Group run on the Mary Carter Greenway near Aspen Grove in Littleton
- Member Recognition – Members are eligible for nomination of two annually- awarded recognition awards
- Club Roster – a convenient way to locate running partners and learn about members
- Newsletter – our monthly online newsletter provides articles, member profiles, running tips, race results, and information on upcoming fun runs, races, and events of interest
- Eblast – a bi-monthly communication containing up-to-the minute details for the upcoming week/month; full of wonderful pointers and ideas
- Message Forum – a great way to connect with running buddies; post runs or find out details of other runs planned by members
- Volunteer Opportunities – support the local running community, including Girls on the Run
- Special events/clinics – Year end banquet, Annual meeting, optional workshops offered throughout the year
- Discounts at area running stores
“Nothing, not even pain, lasts forever. If I can just keep putting one foot in front of the other, I will eventually get to the end.” —Kim Cowart
A Note from the President
I am so glad you found us!
The Colorado Columbines is the only all women’s running club in the Denver area. The club was formed over 40 years ago by a small group of woman who enjoyed getting together to run. Their objective was to promote and encourage women to participate in running as a fitness activity. We currently have over 200 members and we continue to stay true to our core.
The group is made up of women of all ages and abilities. I am confident you will connect with some running partners who will motivate and encourage you. Take a few moments to explore our website to learn about all of the great benefits of membership.
I encourage you to try us out by accepting our invitation to attend a club activity before becoming a member. Get to know some members and then decide if the club is right for you.
Please don’t hesitate to send me an email if you have any questions or would like to learn more about the club.
I look forward to meeting you soon!
Melissa Bell, President